WARA is a non-profit membership group devoted to advancing academic exchange, disseminating accurate information about West Africa and its diasporic communities, and raising public awareness of the crucial role that West Africa plays in the world.
With its research fellowships, conferences, publications, and numerous other initiatives, WARA, founded in 1989, aims to advance scholarly exchange between West African and US scholars and institutions. WARA’s research center is located in Dakar.
The WARA 2023 WARC Travel Grant For African Students is currently on, and the deadline is March 19, 2023. Keep reading if you want to know more about this scholarship!
Have you read Holland Visa Lottery 2023?
What is The Mission Of The West African Research Association (WARA)?
WARA’s mission is to support the next generation of intellectual leaders in West Africa, promote the creation and dissemination of current research on the continent and its diaspora, foster scholarly exchange between West African scholars and institutions and their counterparts in the United States, give American audiences accurate information about the continent and its diasporic communities, and raise awareness of the crucial role that West Africa plays in the world community.
A study and film library, seminar rooms, digitization lab, computer and wireless Internet access, an on-site cafe, and a schedule of conferences, seminars, lectures, and other academic and artistic events are just a few tools and supportive services WARC offers scholars.
For conferences, workshops, and other gatherings, WARC facilities are accessible. In addition, modern video conferencing technology is installed completely in the organization’s new meeting room.
WARA belongs to the Council of American Overseas Research Center (CAORC), an association of 23 such institutions. However, in sub-Saharan Africa, there is only WARA.
Read Also: Sport Scholarship at Bournemouth University in UK 2022\2023
What Does The WARA 2023 WARC Travel Grant For African Students Entail?
By supporting African academics and graduate students traveling to other institutions and areas on the continent for research, the WARC Travel Grant fosters intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions. The WARC Travel Grant offers an honorarium of $1,500 and travel expenses of up to $1,500.
The following activities are permitted with the use of travel grant funds: – attend and present papers at academic conferences held on the African continent; – visit libraries or archives in Africa with materials relevant to the applicant’s academic work; – collaborate with colleagues at another African institution; – travel to a research site in Africa.
Only citizens of West Africa are eligible to apply, and those connected to West African colleges, universities, or research organizations will be given preference.
- Deadline for Applications: March 19, 2023
- Eligible Country: West African nations are eligible. Any African nation of the candidate’s choosing will serve as the testing location. Only citizens of West Africa are eligible for this competition, with priority given to those connected to West African colleges, universities, or research organizations.
- Award: By supporting African academics and graduate students traveling to other institutions on the continent for study, the WARC Travel Grants program fosters intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions.
- Award Type: Funding for research
- Number of Awardees: Unknown
Click Here To Apply For the WARA 2023 WARC Travel Grants For African Students
The WARC Travel Grant offers an honorarium of $1,500 and travel expenses of up to $1,500. Money from travel grants could be applied to:
- Attend academic conferences pertinent to the applicant’s area of study, present papers at those conferences, and visit libraries or archives that house materials required for the applicant’s ongoing academic work.
- collaborating with coworkers at a different school;
- Journey to a study location.
See Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2023 to 2024
Application Requirements For The WARA 2023 WARC Travel Grant For African Students
- Describe the suggested activity in an abstract (50–80 words) with a specific goal.
- Project/Research Summary (6 double-spaced pages maximum), Including Justification for Travel (must be in language understandable to non-specialist readers)
- Budgetary proposal
- Biographical sketch (with research and teaching record)
- the applicant’s passport photocopy (must be a West African national)
- Every application must be filed online as a PDF file.
- A recommendation statement is required for all applicants.
- If going to a conference:– a conference acceptance letter – an abstract of the presentation to be heard
- If you’re attending another institution: – an invitation from the one you’re visiting
- If the trip is to consult archives or other materials: – a description of the collections that will be examined and their relevance to the applicant’s study
Read Austria Scholarships for International Students 2023
WARA 2023 WARC Travel Grant For African Students Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of the WARA 2023 WARC Travel Grant For African Students?
- The WARC Travel Grant offers up to $1,500 in travel expenses and a $1,500 honorarium.
- Attend academic conferences hosted on the African continent and deliver papers there.
- Visit African archives or libraries that contain materials important to the applicant’s scholarly work.
- Work in collaboration with coworkers at a different African organization.
- Visit a study location in Africa.
Is WARA 2023 WARC Travel Grant For African Students currently on?
Yes, the WARA 2023 WARC Travel Grant For African Students is presently on, and the application deadline is March 19, 2023
What documents are needed for the WARA 2023 WARC Travel Grant For African Students?
- 50–80 word maximum for a condensed statement of goal
- A synopsis of the applicant’s research and how the planned trip relates to this work curriculum vitae with pertinent research and teaching record letter of acceptance
- For graduate students, a letter of recommendation from the professor supervising their research, along with a description of the collections to be consulted and their relevance to the applicant’s study
- a naturalization certificate
- All applicants must submit a fully completed application form and all required supporting documents within the allotted time frame; only complete applications will be accepted. Supporting documents must be uploaded in word, pdf, or jpg format.
The WARC Travel Grant helps African academics and graduate students finance research trips to other institutions and areas of the continent to foster intra-African collaboration and exchange. You can give it a try by applying for this scholarship and we wish you the best as you take this bold step to success.